Monday 27 April 2009

Is Age Just a Number?

Just over a couple of weeks ago, it was my birthday. I've hit an age where I no longer want to get anymore older. (ಥ_ಥ) It's scary how quickly time moves but what’s even scarier is that in Korea my age will increase by two. (ó.ò) The Korean age system works out differently from the Western way because they believe the first year is at birth and the second year on New Year's Day.

This is a photo of my little cousin 'Philip' from my birthday. This photo always brings a smile on my face so I had to post it on my blog. (^_^) If only I could be young like my cousin again. Wouldn't that be great?

4 comments:

stephdoesseoul

Ohhh dear, I didn't know this!
I saw the name of your blog and thought I'd check it out. Everyone is telling me all about Soju. I'll be in Seoul next month teaching English. Anyway, I guess when I have my birthday in September I'll really be 2 yrs older?? Ohhh greah. haha

Let's Drink Tea

You should try soju before you go so you'll have an idea what it tastes like. :) I'm still contemplating whether I should still go to Korea because I've been waiting months for a position in Seoul. I might change my city to Busan so that I won't have to wait so long. Anyway, all the best with your teaching. :)

stephdoesseoul

Thanks!! I tried soju last week. It really does taste a LOT like vodka. I bought a bottle here not realizing it would be so expensive. It's aparently $1-2 in Korea... her it is $16.99. I'm sure because it's imported.

In terms of teaching opportunities. What recruitment agencies are you going through to be advised of any positions?

I arrive in 2 weeks. I will let you know how it goes. Where are you now? Teaching overseas?

Let's Drink Tea

I didn't apply through an agency but I really wish I did now because it's quicker than applying directly with a school.

What school are you going to work for? I got the job at CDI (Chung Dahm Institution.) I'm still waiting for a position to be available for me in Seoul. They told me I can either wait or change cities so I chose to wait and it's been over 3 months now. :(

I'm still stuck in England, working on my TEFL course and I might be working as an intern in a marketing agency while I wait for news from the school. -_-

Let me know how the teaching goes because it's good to hear from peoples experiences. :)